List of 11 best fruits and food that lower your blood sugar level
People often gain weight due to diabetes. When the sugar level of glucose in the blood increases. Due to which the level of a hormone called insulin in the body deteriorates.
Diabetes patients have to keep their blood sugar under control. In this, your daily routine and what you are eating, these fruits and food that lower your blood sugar level play a beneficial role.
Diabetes patients have to keep their blood sugar under control. In this, your daily routine and what you are eating, these things play a beneficial role.
Consuming certain fruits and food products can lower blood sugar. At the same time, it increases with the consumption of some things.
If you or someone in your family has high blood sugar, then to control it, you should consume such foods in the diet, which helps to control blood sugar.
Today we will give you information about some such things, by using which you can keep blood sugar under control (fruits and Foods to control blood sugar).
Broccoli is a non-starchy vegetable, which is rich in fiber. Due to which there is less effect on blood sugar/blood sugar level.
- One cup of raw broccoli provides about 20 calories, 3.7 grams of carbs, and 2 grams of protein.
- According to the ADA (American Diabetes Association), diabetic patients should consume more non-starchy vegetables such as broccoli in the diet.
According to the ADA (American Diabetes Association), diabetics patients should consume more fiber-rich vegetables.
- It would be beneficial for you to consume spinach. One cup of spinach contains 6.9 calories, 1.1 grams of carbs, and 0.9 grams of protein.
- Therefore, along with eating food, you must also consume spinach.
Rolled oats whole grain contains a good amount of fiber. Consumption of things rich in fiber is necessary for everyone.
Fiber helps in absorbing the carbs slowly. Eating whole grains high in fiber helps a diabetic person to regulate blood sugar.
Quinoa is rich in fat, protein, and fiber. Their combo pack keeps you full and slows down the process of absorption of the food.
- Therefore, it is recommended for diabetic patients to consume it.
- A half-cup serving of cooked quinoa contains 111 calories, 19.7 grams of carbs, 2.6 grams of fiber, 1.8 grams of fat, and 4 grams of protein.
5- Walnuts - fruits that lower your blood sugar level
Walnuts contain fiber, fat, and protein. It takes longer to digest, which helps in controlling blood sugar.
- One ounce (1/4 cup) of walnuts contains 190 calories, 18 grams of fat ( polyunsaturated), 4 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fiber, and 4 grams of protein.
- According to a study published in 2011, 117 people with type-2 diabetes who were fed nuts after a similar carb diet saw improvements in their blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
6- Plain Greek Yogurt (without fat)
Greek yogurt contains a good amount of calcium and protein. It can also be called liquid whey protein.
- It contains 40% less sodium, sugar, and twice as much protein as yogurt. Doctors also recommend its consumption to diabetic patients.
- You can consume it in the morning with breakfast or with food in the evening.
If you are a non-vegetarian, then the consumption of fish and seafood twice a week. If you eat fish, then recommended to eat salmon, as it is high in omega-3 fatty acids.
- This fish is high in eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), both of which are good for the heart, brain, and eyes. Patients with diabetes are more prone to heart disease. That’s why it is advisable to eat salmon fish.
- Protein is found in salmon along with high fat. Because of this, it is beneficial for the body in various ways.
Beans are a rich source of carbs and protein. They have a low glycemic index and may help manage blood sugar better than foods high in carbohydrates alone. Beans also contain fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Ginger has long been used as a medicine to cure many diseases.
According to a review in 2015, ginger can prove to be very effective in managing diabetes.
According to the review, ginger proved to help control blood sugar levels and insulin levels.
It does not allow the insulin level to drop. Many researchers have proved that ginger is a very effective anti-diabetic food.
You can also include ginger in your diet in many ways. You can make ginger tea, add it to a vegetable or add it to any juice.
10- Bitter gourd
People who have diabetes problem, they should include bitter gourd regularly in their diet. Bitter gourd is rich in a bio-chemical called insulin-polypeptide-P, which maintains your insulin in the body.
- Eating bitter gourd does not increase the blood sugar level in the body (Foods to control blood sugar level).
- Whether you eat bitter gourd vegetables or drink juice prepared from it, it will be beneficial.
- If you drink bitter gourd juice on an empty stomach, the benefits will be quick.
11- Blackberry and black plum - fruits that lower your blood sugar level
Blackberry is a fruit that does not allow the starch to turn into sugar. It lowers the high blood sugar level and prevents insulin from rising too much.
To keep diabetes under control, eat 5 to 6 berries in the morning. Mix its powder in a glass of warm water and drink and control the sugar level.
Exercising also helps to control blood sugar levels quickly. So, get ready to exercise in a hurry.
Keep in mind that you don’t have to be too rigid with your body. Do the same kind of exercise you do on a regular level.
You can do yoga and exercise.
- Mandook ashana
- Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Anulom Antonym
- Rope jumps
Hydration is the best way to control sugar levels. When the blood glucose level rises rapidly or feels very high, Then you drink water. It stabilizes the blood sugar level.
Eat protein snack
High Protein Diet Benefit also helps in controlling blood sugar levels.
Therefore, eat snacks that are high in protein. A handful of almonds or makhana is a good example. They are low in sugar and fiber and high in protein.
If, you or someone around you is facing this kind of situation. So, you can adopt these fruits and food that lower your blood sugar level immediately.
Sometimes the blood sugar level becomes so high that the situation turns into an emergency. Because high levels of blood sugar can prove to be fatal.