Vegetable dessert recipe for breakfast
Prepare this vegetable cake so easily and surprise everyone at home. You can easily adapt it to the vegetables that you like the most, the secret is that they are cooked before putting them in the oven.
It is easy and delicious. When you cut it, all the color appears… You’ll see what’s new. You also have other savory cakes like this tuna cake or the chicken cake made in just 10 minutes.
- 100g. Peas
- 150 g. of Green Beans
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 1 onion
- 4 eggs
- 200 ml. Cream for Cooking (Half Cream)
- Olive Oil VE
How to Prepare the Vegetables for the Vegetable Pie
- To make the vegetable pie you have to go by part. You need to have the vegetables cooked before mixing them to make the cake.
- The first thing to do is prepare the peas and green beans. The fastest is to have them frozen to ensure that you can make the cake at any time. In this case, you only need to boil them in salted water for 10 minutes.
- On the other hand, cut the onion into not-too-large pieces. Also prepare the carrot, peeling it and cutting it into squares, and the red pepper.
- Put oil in a pan and start by putting the carrot. The fire must be moderate because what you want is to soften it.
- After 5 minutes you can add the onion and the chopped red pepper. Put a pinch of salt and let them cook for about 10 minutes over low heat. Move it from time to time.
- After that time, put the peas and green beans in the pan and cook it all together for a couple of minutes.
- Now all that remains is to remove it from the heat and let it cool down a bit before continuing with the recipe.
Finishing the Vegetable Pie Mix
- Turn on the oven and preheat it to 180ºC with heat up and down and without a fan.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, put the eggs together with the cream and beat well.
- Add the vegetables and move to mix everything.
- Prepare an elongated mold. There are two options. You can use a metallic mold, which you will have to line with baking paper or spread very well with butter to easily unmold later. Or the second option, use a silicone mold where you can put it directly.
- Pour the mixture into the mold.
- Take it to the oven at 180ºC, and placed it in the middle part for about 45 minutes.
- After that time, you just have to poke it as if it were a cake to check that it is done inside. If the toothpick comes out wet, leave it for a few more minutes, but it is done with that oven time.
- Wait until it cools down to remove, it from the mold and cut it.
Enjoy this delicious vegetable cake!
Easy Vegetable Cupcakes
With this recipe for vegetable cakes you can make a different, colorful and light appetizer that everyone will like, even the little ones!!
- 400 g of a mix of vegetables for stir-frying or stir-frying
- 1 carton of small cooking cream (200 ml)
- 2 or 3 eggs (depending on size)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal desserts or fine pastry flour
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g of diced cooked ham (or bacon if you prefer)
- 100 g of grated cheese in fine threads or powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- We clean and chop all the vegetables into regular bits, rather small, and sauté them in a little oil, well seasoned. It should soften but remain al dente. We can add a little garlic powder to give flavor. The vegetables should be quite dry at the end, without any liquid.
- Add the ham and sauté for a moment. If they use bacon put it from the beginning with the vegetables. We also add half of the grated cheese to bind the whole.
- Beat the eggs with the cream and flour. We splash the mixture. Add it to the pan with the sautéed vegetables.
- We fill some small molds to our liking that are well greased with melted butter. As you can see, we have used some cupcake molds and fill them without reaching the top because they grow a bit. We cover each portion with a little grated cheese. If you want to improve the presentation, you can put a few pieces of chopped red pepper or some vegetables on top to give it color.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 180 ºC with heat up and down and with the tray in the middle of the oven.
- We can serve these cold vegetable pastries for snacks, accompanied by a light mayonnaise sauce or lightened with a natural yogurt, or we can serve it hot with homemade tomato sauce.
Microwave Vegetable Cupcakes
Use microwave-safe molds. It will be enough that you have them for about 5 minutes at medium power. Remember that in the microwave the cupcakes will not brown unless you use the grill.
You can vary the composition of these vegetable cakes and add spinach leaves, chopped mushrooms, onion, chopped broccoli… to your liking.